Creating a Live Learning
This article will take Admin's through the steps for creating a Live Learning shell.
Live Learnings combine instructor-led and e-learning methods, allowing participants to alternate between in-person and online sessions within a single event. With compatibility for platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams, it ensures a smooth e-learning journey.
1. Proceed to Admin > Live Learning Management > Create Live Learning.
2. Update the following:
- Live Learning Name - Enter the name of your Live Learning.
- Access - As an Acorn Admin, choose whether the Live Learning is specific to a tenancy or open to all. You will not have this option if you are a Tenancy Admin.
- 'Tenancy Live Learning' means that the Live Learning will only be available to a specific tenancy on the Acorn Site.
- 'Open' means that the Live Learning will be available to all tenancies on the Acorn Site.
- Category & Tag: Help users filter and find the content in the Catalogue.
- Cost - Specify if there's a fee. This field doesn’t process payments. You will need to apply a Payment Method to the Live Learning in order to accept payments.
- Duration - Indicate the expected completion time. This can be set in hours, minutes and seconds if required.
- Live Learning Description - Add details using text, HTML, links, media, etc.
- Enable Completion Certificate -
- Completion Certificate: Enable for users to download a certificate post-completion. This certificate can be downloaded by the user from the Live Learning or Training History page. Custom Completion Certificates can be uploaded to Acorn. Visit the Custom Certificate page for more information.
- Hidden - Enabling the Hidden toggle will hide the Live Learning within the Catalogue. A hidden Live Learning is only accessible to users who have been registered for a Session by an Administrator, or have accessed it via a Program.
- Bypass Hidden Link - Using this secret link, users can access this live learning event if it's hidden. Re-generating the link will invalidate the old one.
- Prerequisites - Set required content users must complete before this Live Learning; such as Courses, Live Learnings, Videos, Resources or Programs.
- Live Learning Image - Drag and drop, or browse your files to upload an image. Use the slider to select the portion of the image you wish to display. The image will be cropped to an aspect ratio of 16:9.
3. Once you have completed the Live Learning details, Click .
You have now successfully created a Live Learning shell!
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Create a Live Learning
- Update a Live Learning
- Session Registration Form
- How to Create a Live Learning Integration with Microsoft Teams
- How to Create or Update a Live Learning Event
- How to Create or Update a Live Learning Session
- How to Add an Activity to a Live Learning
- Update an Activity in a Live Learning