This article will guide Admin's through the process of creating a Video. Once the video is created, it can be viewed in the Catalogue.
Please note, the Video Resource is not linked to Video Activities that are created within Courses. If you are looking to create a Video Activity for a course, read the How to Configure a Video Activity article.
1. Click 'Admin' and then select 'Create Video'.
2. Enter the following details:
- Video Name - Enter the name of your video.
- Access - If you are an Acorn Admin, you will have the option to define the type of access for the Video. You will not have this option if you are a Tenancy Admin.
- 'Tenancy Video' means that the Video will only be available to a specific tenancy on the Acorn Site.
- 'Open' means that the Video will be available to all tenancies on the Acorn Site.
- Category - Videos can be assigned to Categories which can allow for users to find the content using the filters provided in the Catalogue.
- Tag - Videos can also have Tags. This is another filtering option for users when they are accessing content in the Catalogue.
- Cost - If payment is required to access the Video, you can identify the cost to the users with this field. This is not a payment barrier. You will need to apply a Payment Method to the Video in order to accept payments.
- Duration - Adding a Duration will indicate to users how long it will take to complete the Video. This can be set in hours, minutes and seconds if required.
- Video Description - The editing tool allows you to provide a textual or visual description of the Video. This can be plain text, or HTML and include links, images, media files etc.
- Source - There are two methods to creating a video:
- 'File Upload' allows you to upload a MP4 video file up to 400MB in size.
- 'Video Link' allows you to copy and paste the URL of a video from the following sources:
- Video Image - Drag and drop, or browse your files to upload an image. Use the slider to select the portion of the image you wish to display. The image will be cropped to an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Accessibility Options - Files to provide additional Accessibility Options can be uploaded if required.
3. Click the 'Create Video' button at the bottom of the page to save and create the Video.
You have now successfully created a video. It can be accessed through the 'Video' tab in the Catalogue.