This guide will teach you how to configure a Wiki activity.
A Wiki activity is a collection of related information, in which users can share their thoughts and ideas about the content.
2. Select "Wiki" from the 'Activity Type' dropdown. Fill in the required fields and configure the settings:
- Wiki Name (Required) - The title of the Wiki activity.
- Wiki Description (Required) - The description of the Wiki activity.
- Show Description - The description will be displayed if this toggle is switched on.
Who Can Edit - Dictate which users can edit the Wiki.
- Hidden to Users - The Wiki activity will be hidden to end users if this toggle is switched on.
- Icon - You are able to select an icon to be displayed against the activity.
- Course Completion Prerequisite
- Always available - the Wiki activity will always be available.
- Only available if the user has a previous completion in this course - the Wiki activity will not be accessible unless a user has a previously completed the course.
- Not available if the user has a previous completion in this course - the Wiki activity will not be accessible if the user has previously completed the course.
- Activity Prerequisites - Activity prerequisites allow you to define which other activities in the Course must be completed before this activity can be accessed by users. If a prerequisite is hidden to a user for any reason they will not be required to complete it before accessing this activity.
- Completion Criteria - Activity completions will be disabled for Wiki activities.
3. Create the Wiki activity by clicking at the bottom of the page. Or update the Wiki activity by clicking .
4. Navigate to the 'Manage Wiki' page by clicking the Wiki activity and then clicking .
5. Edit the title of the Wiki page by clicking the icon. And add to the contents of the page by clicking the text editor box bellow the title. Finalise by clicking .
6. To create a new page inside the Wiki, click "New Page" in the text editor. You can provide a title for the new page by replacing the placeholder that appears in the text editor. Once you click , the new Wiki page will be created and the title you entered will become a link to the new page.
The link to the new page can be removed from the original page, or formatted into a table of contents.
You have now successfully configured a Wiki activity!