Creating a Session
This article will teach you how to create and update a Live Session. Sessions are in person and virtual learnings that users register and attend. Sessions are held inside Events.
1. Proceed to the Live Learning > Click > Click 'Start Editing' > Click on the Event.
2. Click > Fill in the following Session Settings:
- Session Type - Select "Face to Face", "Face to Screen" or a Live Learning integration.
- None - Users can register for the Session as they wish.
- Withdrawal - Users can register for the Session as they wish however their supervisor will be notified and will have the option of withdrawing the user from the Session.
- Approval - Users can request registration for the Session but registration will not be confirmed until a facilitator or their supervisor approves.
- Instructors - Instructors will be able to withdraw users, take attendance, email registrants, and view the Session log. Instructors will receive emails regarding changes to the Session and can filter the calendar within the LMS to see which Sessions they are instructing. Users viewing the Session will be able to see who the instructors are. Users who have tenancy swap access can be assigned as instructors to other tenants. To assign someone as an instructor from another tenancy, they must swap into the tenant first.
- External Instructors - External instructors are instructors that do not have accounts in the LMS. External instructors will receive emails regarding changes to the Session. Users viewing the Session will be able to see who the external instructors are.
- Venue - For "Face to Face" sessions, a new or existing venue address is required. For online Sessions, a timezone is required. You can choose from International venues for Country/State outside of Australia like New Zealand, Canada and the United States.
A global timezone selector is present. This timezone selector aids Administrators and Facilitators when creating a session. You can ensure the session start and end times are local to the venue.
- Date and Time - Fill in the Session's date and time. Add an additional sitting by clicking .
- Capacity - The amount of user that can register for the Session.
- Cost and Cost Type - An internal bookkeeping measure for the cost of the Session. This will not enforce a payment for the Session.
- Days before reminder email - The reminder email will be sent this many days before the start of the Session. Enter 0 to omit the reminder email.
- Minimum Capacity Notification - Toggle on to send a notification to Live Learning Facilitators when a Session doesn't reach the minimum required capacity.
- Hours before session withdrawal restriction - A Session will become locked this many hours before the Session is due to start, preventing users from withdrawing their registrations. Enter 0 to omit the withdrawal restriction for registered users.
- Allow registrations after session start time - Toggle on to allow users to register for the Session after the session has started. Users will still not be able to register for the Session once it is finished.
- Hours before session registration restriction - A Session will become locked this many hours before the Session is due to start, preventing users from registering. Enter 0 to omit the registration restriction.
- Hidden to Users - Toggle on to hide the Session. Hidden Sessions cannot be seen by users unless they are registered by an Admin or Facilitator.
- Mark Attendance Automatically - Toggling on will automatically mark registrants as attended one day after the Session ends. Users who are Withdrawn, marked as Did Not Attend or marked as Partially Attended before that time will not be automatically marked as attended.
- Registration Form Enabled - Toggle on to prompt the user to fill out a form before they are allowed to register for this Session.
- Details - The details of the Session that will be displayed on the LMS and in emails regarding the Session.
- Restrict to Cohorts - Restrict to a Cohort(s) by clicking . Content that is restricted to Cohorts will only be accessible for users in the selected Cohorts.
- Calendar Invite Description - This information will be visible to registered users in the Session information, any email correspondence, and in the calendar attachments. If this is left blank, the Event description will be included in the calendar attachment. If the Session type is a Live Learning integration. The meeting url will automatically be appended at the end of the calendar invite description.
- Session Payments - Add a payment to the Session. Please read more about payments here.
5. Click at the bottom of the page to finalize.
You have now successfully created a Session!
How to update a Session:
1. Proceed to the Live Learning > Click > Click 'Start Editing' > Click on the Event > Click Next to the Session.
2. Update the Session Settings: Follow Step 2 of the above guide.
3. Click to confirm.
You have now successfully update a Session!